Pike’s Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks, Alaska is a family friendly resort style lodge on the banks of the Chena River. From the parking lot you are immediately greeted by two topiary moose and a classic Alaskan log entry way.
The resort offers many different activities and amenities depending on the season. Enjoy mini golf and rock throwing in the warmer months or snowmobile on the Chena River when it’s frozen. The Bocce Ball court is also open year round.
In winter the resort staff will upon request give you wake up call if the Northern Lights are visible and you can enjoy this mystical natural phenomenon from the warmth of the Aurora Conservatory– a glass structure facing north over the Chena River. To learn all about the Aurora the Lodge also has a small theater with a short informative movie about the lights.
Animal lovers with appreciate the Lodge’s summertime guest duck family that resides in a little house on the property. As a pet friendly resort Pike’s Waterfront Lodge also has a small dog park for your four legged companions.
Other amenities and activities include an Alaskan library, an aromatherapy room and dry sauna (currently being remodeled), free breakfast and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Warm and friendly atmosphere with a true Alaskan feel
- A great assortment of year round activities
- Excellent food
- Pet friendly rooms
- Options for either traditional rooms or cabins
- Great location with easy access to both the wilderness and downtown Fairbanks
- Outlets for block heaters in every parking space
- Rooms are on the small side for two adults, two teenagers and two dogs (If you have a large family I would definitely recommend two rooms or a cabin)
- Self serve laundry services were on the expensive side.
One last thought– they gave us a free pie when we checked it! Not sure if they do this all the time, but who wouldn’t love a hotel that gives you a free pie? It’s just typical of the hospitality and atmosphere you will find at Pike’s Waterfront Lodge. We definitely recommend this place !
Contact Christopher Travel and let us plan your Alaska vacation!