Many people are absolutely shocked at the cost of hotels near Denali National Parks. To be honest hotels near any national park are expensive, but Denali seems to be even more so. Nevertheless, Denali Park Hotel offers clean, comfortable and charming accommodations at a family friendly price.
Where is Denali Park Hotel?
Located along the Parks Highway in Healy, Alaska Denali Park Hotel is an easy drive from the park. Following along the Tanana River for about twenty minutes the trip is absolutely stunning with mountains and valleys and gorgeous views of the river. It’s twenty minutes of pure bliss.
Family Friendly Accomodations
Denali Park Hotel is a great place for families with kids to stay. The lobby is actually in an old Alaska Railroad car.
Surrounded by beautiful mountains the hotel has plenty of space for kids to safely run around and play. The motel style rooms open directly into the parking lot so unloading your car is super easy.
The rooms are decorated with classic Alaska style quilts. They also have fridges and microwaves. One nice touch is that the sink is outside the bathroom which makes getting ready a breeze.
Conveniently located down the street you will find everything from bear spray, snacks and diapers at the Three Bears Alaska.
Also down the street is Rose’s Cafe. Behind it’s unassuming facade you will find kid friendly options and a diner like menu. Portions are huge and the food is really amazing. The bacon is the best I have ever had!
- Room for kids to play
- Great location
- Pet friendly
- Super ultra clean
- Friendly atmosphere
- Great Alaska feel
- Reasonable price (for Denali. It’s still very expensive compared to what you would get in other locations so I listed this as a con too)
- Very basic for the price (but it’s Alaska….. so actually it’s a great bargain!)
Look elsewhere for:
Denali Park Hotel is a basic, clean accommodation with a friendly atmosphere. Kids will love the free space to run around and the railroad car check in. Parents will love the location close to groceries and family friendly food. If you are looking for a simple but great hotel near Denali National Park this is a great choice!
Contact Christopher Travel and let us plan your Alaska vacation!
- Also don’t miss our article on Things To Do In Fairbanks.
- Or Click here to read more about our time in Fairbanks.
- Traveling with Pets? Read Visiting Denali National Park with Dogs
- Moose-akas in Denali: A Unique Menu in a Friendly Atmosphere
- Traveling to Anchorage with kids? Read A Perfect Day in Anchorage with Kids